“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” -Winston Churchill via @GivingTuesday
Are you ready to kick-off the biggest start to the giving season? We sure are! On December 3, 2013 people all over the world will give back to causes that are closest to their hearts. The day named #GivingTuesday shifts the focus from all the shopping that benefits the retail industry to a philanthropic day dedicated to giving.
Kids Included Together decided to get involved with the movement because over 5.2 million children are living with a disability in the United States and for these children, access to child care and recreation is limited because adults working in this field do not feel equipped to serve them and their needs. That’s where our KIT trainers come in! Research shows that, once trained on inclusion, a program is more likely to have children with disabilities enrolled, and the staff is more comfortable making accommodations.
Every child deserves the right to be included, no matter what! Inclusion creates safe spaces for kids to learn, grow and play with one another. When inclusion happens, beautiful friendships blossom and communities are strengthened.
Here is one story about the power of inclusion and friendship:
Click on the image to view the power of inclusion and friendship.
Want to support friendships like Jillian and Chloe’s? Awesome! We are asking our supporters, Advo-KITs, families, friends, parents and partners to support KIT on #GivingTuesday, December 3, 2013.
How to support KIT:
· Give directly to KIT now (www.KITonline.org > click “Give to KIT today”)
· Mark your calendars to give on 12.3.13 (www.KITonline.org/give)
· Share on social media (toolkit below)
· Create a fundraising page and host an event for ie. a holiday party with appetizers & games with a minimum donation to attend (www.KITonline.org/give > click “Become a fundraiser”)
· Create a fundraising team
· Ask your employer to match a donation
Social Media ToolKIT
Copy and paste these status updates to engage your network to participate in a day of giving to KIT.
· Help support a great non-profit for @GivingTuesday on December 3, 2013 to be part of giving’s opening day! Visit www.KITonline.org/give so that kids of all abilities can be meaningfully included in their communities.
· @KidsIncludedTogether and @GivingTuesday invite you to join a movement to celebrate giving and encourage more, better and smarter giving during the Holiday Season. How will you give back? Visit www.KITonline.org/give to help kids of ALL abilities be meaningfully included in their communities.
· You’ve heard of Black Friday and Cyber Monday? Well here’s a new day in the Holiday Season, #GivingTuesday – a day to give back to a great non-profit, @KidsIncludedTogether. Visit www.KITonline.org/give to help kids of ALL abilities be meaningfully included in their communities.
· Perfect antidote to overspending this holiday season? #GivingTuesday coming Dec 3! Support @KITandNTCI http://ow.ly/qZxwr
· Dreading post‐Thanksgiving shopping? We have a better idea: #GivingTuesday. How will u get involved? @KITandNTCI http://ow.ly/qZxwr
· Q: What comes after Thanksgiving and before Christmas? A: #GivingTuesday! Support @KITandNTCI http://ow.ly/qZxwr
· Help all kids be meaningfully included in their community, give back on #GivingTuesday @KITandNTCI http://ow.ly/qZxwr
Bonus: Images are posted everyday (like those seen in this post) on KIT’s FB/Twitter pages – don’t forget to like and follow us and you can share any image posted:(https://www.facebook.com/KidsIncluded and https://twitter.com/KITandNTCI)
Thank you for all of your support to Kids Included Together. One day, inclusion will happen organically in every program, school and community worldwide. Until then, we need your help to spread the word about the importance of the power of inclusion. We are thrilled to have you travel with us on our journey.
-By Emily Libby, KIT’s Communications Coordinator. Questions about #GivingTuesday or anything really, email her at Emily@KITonline.org.